Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 13 (352 days to go)

Hello all,

I got my exercise in this early afternoon because my oldest daughter Kayla has an end of the year soccer party and I wasn't sure I'd get home in time to make it happen.

It looks like I'm getting better every day :)  Today's workout: 2 miles in 37 minutes 17 seconds.  I walked almost 1 mile of that on a 3.5 speed and I held 4 lb. hand weights today.  I could definitely feel the stretching of my upper back and shoulders, so 4 lbs. is good :)  I could feel my shin splints wanting to attack so I had to slow down the 3.5 before I wanted to.  My aim is not to kill myself working out but to pace myself.

I heard them say on "Biggest Loser" the other night that they are working out 6 hours a day.  I can't imagine ever having that luxury on a daily basis.  I can see myself having that opportunity once a week if need be but I'm pretty sure they have to sit down with ice packs all over their legs for quite awhile after each workout which I also don't have the luxury of.

I still have a LOT to learn about proper diet and what to fix every body, every day.  As I learn it, I'll share it :)  One thing I've noticed that's helping considerably is to have organic apples on hand and raw almonds and when I get hungry for a snack it feels great!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great snack idea. Raw almonds are really filling and theres nothing better than a cold fugi apple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree :) Thank you for your comments Kristy, it's very encouraging to me :)

    ReplyDelete