Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 114 (251 days to go)

Hi,                Sunday, January 31st, 2010


Recap for the months:

October: walking 2 miles every day but still eating whatever I'd always eaten, mostly junk looking back on it

November: finally got someone online to convince me that I needed to start calorie counting so I decided to go halfway and at least write down what I was eating, Wow, what a shocker! Still measuring but not weighing myself thinking I'd be fine but fudged and got on the scale only to see that I was still 218 pounds :(

December: still weighing in at 218 pounds but by the 10th of December I got a request from a friend, who only has 10-15 pounds to lose but also has 4 kids, asking if I'd count calories with her and give daily reports of my progress via email/facebook :) I started counting calories and had no idea how hard this would be and soon found out that I was eating 2300-2800 calories a day which explained my weight of previously getting all the way up to 236 pounds :(  My friend Anya mentioned a good rule of thumb that I think is brilliant! If you add 10x your weight you'll discover how many calories you're consuming and if you add 10x the weight you want to be then you'll know how many calories you want to be example: 130 pounds would be 1300 calories so we started trying to keep our calories under 1200 and I soon got on http://www.livestrong.com/ website to help me count my calories better. There are over 450,000 different items already in their database :) At the end of December I had lost 10 pounds by calorie counting under 1200 calories and walk/ran 16 miles.

January: Lost a total of 6 pounds and about 2 more inches. Was able to finally shed the Larges and X-Larges in shirts and am now wearing a 14 dress pant and a 16 jean!  I also should mention that we've been on a complete diet change because of my oldest sons very low functioning kidneys and low immune system so to be supportive to him and make it easier for mommy to give him what he needs without having to say no every time I turn around, we have gotten rid of every food item in the house that he can't have. I'll explain the diet another day but basically it's brown rice and fish with vegetables every day.

No workout today.

Total: 133 Miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment